Originally it was the Northwestern Hotel that Bruno Sharkus and his father Walter bought in 1949. They ran the Knotty Pine Tavern until 1959 when the Hotel and Tavern burned for 3 days with Bruno his wife Pat and their two children narrowly escaping!
Bruno and Pat shook it off and rebuilt in 1960 and Bruno's Pink Isle Tavern was born. Soon a laundrymat and Lake Geneva's first Dive Shop would follow.
In 1975 with raising 5 kids they have had enough of the bar business, so they closed the bar added 30 feet to the end of the building to accommodate a walk in cooler and Bruno's Liquors was Born!